- EFI - European Federtion for Immunogenetcs.
- PTIg - Polish Society for Immunogenetisc/Polskie Towarzystwo Immunogeneteyczne
- AIBT - Associazione Italiana di Immunogenetica e Biologia dei Trapianti.
- APHIA - The
Asia-Pacific Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics Association. It has
members in Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong, Thailand, India,
Singapore, Mongolia, Malaysia, The Phillipines, South Africa, Indonesia,
Japan, the USA and New Guinea.
- ASHI -The American Society for Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics.
- BSHI - The British Society for Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics.
- Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Immungenetik - German Society for Immunogenetics.
- Nederlandse Transplantatie Vereniging - Dutch Transplantation Society.
- JSHI - Japanese Society for Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics.
Databases and Resources
- describes the frequencies of alleles in different populations, at
various polymorphic regions with Histocompatibility and Immunogenetics.
- American Type Culture Collection (ATCC) - distribution of cells and cultures throughout Europe.
- provides an open, publicly accessible platform for DNA, and clinical
data related to the human Major Histocompatibilty Complex (MHC).
- European Collection of Animal Cell Cultures (ECACC) - collection of authenticated cell cultures.
- provides a service enabling investigators to search online for HLA
typed, immunologically characterised tumour cells as part of the
European Commission Fifth Framework Infrastructures Program.
- HLA Dictionary
- presents the serologic equivalents of HLA-A, -B, -C, -DRB1, -DRB3,
-DRB4, -DRB5 and -DQB1 alleles and is an update of the one published in
2001. The data summarises equivalents obtained by the WHO Nomenclature
Committee for Factors of the HLA System, the International Cell
Exchange (UCLA), the National Marrow Donor Program (NMDP), the 13th
International Histocompatibilty Workshop.
- HLA FactsBook
- presents up-to-date and comprehensive information on the HLA genes in
a manner that is accessible to both beginner and expert alike. The
focus of the book is on the polymorphic HLA genes (HLA-A, B, C, DP, DQ,
and DR) that are typed for in clinical HLA laboratories.
- HLA Nomenclature
- Information compiled by the WHO Nomenclature Committee for Factors of
the HLA System, including access to HLA Nomenclature reports and
alignments of HLA sequences.
- IEDB -
contains data related to antibody and T cell epitopes for humans,
non-human primates, rodents, and other animal species. The database also
contains MHC binding data from a variety of different antigenic
sources and immune epitope data.
- The IMGT/HLA Database-
provides a specialist databases for sequences of the human major
histocompatibility complex (HLA) and includes the official sequences for
the WHO HLA Nomenclature Committee For Factors of the HLA System.
- The IMGT/LIGM Database - a comprehensive database of Ig and TcR from human and other vertebrates, with translation for fully annotated sequences.
- The Immuno Polymorphism Database (IPD)
- was developed in 2003 to provide a centralised system for the study
of polymorphism in genes of the immune system currently covering
non-human mhc sequences, KIR Sequences and access to the ESTDAB
- predicts binding of peptides to 478 and 791 different HLA A and B
alleles using artificial neural networks (ANNs). This is a beta version
of the server, and it is in the process of being updated with other
features (prediction of user defined MHC molecules, etc)
- SYFPEITHI -
contains information on peptide sequences, anchor positions, MHC
specificity, source proteins, source organisms, publication references.
- Histocompatibility & Immunogenetics - The site covers the key fundamentals, their clinical application and management issues around histocompatibility services.